The client had designed a development programme for their new and inexperienced underwriters across the globe, with the aim of providing a consistency of underwriting competence at foundation level. As they moved to delivery, involving 20+ workshops and 200 delegates in their major territories of UK, Europe, North America and Australia/Far East, they required a mechanism for measuring the success of the programme, for which they engaged MAP Training on a consultancy basis.
A four-fold assessment process:
- End of module e-based tests
- Case study based assessment – on ability to apply knowledge
- Pre- and post- programme self and leader assessment
- Tracking of successful completion of external qualification.
The case study based assessment designed by MAP Training formed the central core of the assessment and involved all delegates completing purpose built underwriting case studies with multiple choice testing from a panel of questions.
The assessment process:
- Provided a robustness and professionalism to the programme, with delegates taking a more committed and professional approach as a result
- Motivated the individual through providing a view of progress through the programme on accumulating knowledge/skills and of overall achievement and attainment
- Informed the ongoing development and appraisal of the individual delegate
- Identified areas for improvement in the programme – content, methodology and delivery
- Supported endorsement by the professional institutes
- Achieved an important measure for the overall assessment of the programme